It is that time of year again, time to form our team and begin training for the Chosen Marathon! This will be our third year participating in this incredible fundraising event and we pray many many of our friends will join us this year on Team Millican.
With the major slow down in Ethiopian adoptions due to changes in the adoption process, we still do not have our children’s faces, but they are certainly in our hearts and we will be running for them.
So here are 10 reasons to run the Chosen Marathon on Team Millican
10. Joining over 1,6oo runners from around the country for one purpose – running for orphans around the globe
The atmosphere at the Chosen Marathon is heart warming and beautiful. You can truly feel and see the purpose of the event. As you near the finish line, huge banners line the street with the faces of children that have come home thanks to funds raised through the Chosen Marathon. You realize that by simply running you truly are making a difference in children’s lives.
9. Marking “Run a half (or full) marathon” off your “bucket list”
I never ever thought I would run a half-marathon, honestly I don’t particularly enjoy running, but the satisfaction of completing my first half-marathon in 2012 was amazing. Bettering my time in 2013 was even better. I accomplished something I never thought I could do…twice.
8. Preparing for the Chosen Marathon will get your body in amazing shape
Training for a half-marathon is hard work, no doubt, but it is exciting and rewarding to see your level of physical fitness improve week by week.
7. Enjoying the scenic route in New Braunfels, TX along the Guadalupe River
It is a beautiful course which makes the run so much more enjoyable. But be prepared, it is slightly hilly in a couple spots.
6. Friends and complete strangers handing you water and cheering you on as you run
It is possible to complete 13.1 miles when you are being constantly encouraged. The environment at the Chosen Marathon is so exhilarating and full of love.
5. For those super serious and slightly crazy runners, the Chosen Marathon is a Boston Qualifier, thanks to U Run the course is USATF certified.
4. Receiving a super cool Chosen Marathon t-shirt in your runner’s packet
You know you feel like a stud wearing your marathon t-shirt around town and to the gym. And the Chosen team always designs a super cool and incredibly comfortable shirt!
3. Seeing a child on the side of the course cheering you on by holding a sign that reads, “Thank you for running. I was Chosen”
You see a child that was once an orphan and is now home with their forever family and you are reminded of the fact that you’re involved in something way bigger than just a race.
2. Free food and drinks at the finish line
If you are afraid you will be starving after completing the half marathon (which you probably will be), don’t worry, you will be well taken care of.
1. And in my opinion, the most rewarding reason – the joy of one day seeing our children’s faces and knowing that you helped to bring them home!
If you register under Team Millican, 100% of your registration fee will go directly to our adoption fund. God has continued providing for us in this process and we are only $15,000 away from our financial goal. We can’t wait to one day show our future son and daughter pictures from the Chosen Marathon and show them the friends that ran out of love, a love that helped bring them home to us
Please register under Team Millican and help us recruit other runners to join our team!
[button url=”http://www.chosenmarathon.com/event/5th-annual-chosen-marathon/” style=”orange” size=”large”] Register for Chosen [/button]